These “free Robux” generators have been around for years and still pose a risk to Roblox players to this day, especially the younger ones. To put it simply, Robux Generators are a scam. They promise free Robux, but often lead to not only disappointment but in the worst case scenario also harmful consequences for your computer, finances or personal information. What can be done? In this article, we'll shed light on the reality of these scams and how to avoid them.
What are Robux generators?
Robux Generators claim to be able to generate the virtual currency of Roblox free of cost. However, Robux is a paid currency, and any website or app claiming to generate it for free is trying to scam you, no matter what. Even if Robux Generators worked, it would be immediately taken down by the mega corporation behind Roblox to avoid losing income.
Can I get free Robux with generators?
If you’re wondering how to get free Robux – you can’t. If it’s too good to be true, that’s probably because it is. Scammers cannot access Roblox’s database and change player values like their Robux-count just like that. They might seem sophisticated, but all the scammers are really doing is preying on a younger audience looking for a way to receive Robux for free who may not know better. Unfortunately for kids, Robux has to either be purchased with real money using safe and reliable payment methods, or earned through Roblox creations via the game itself. There is no way to get free Robux online and if you are promised any free Robux codes, don’t trust it.
How to recognize a Robux generator
Should you encounter a Robux Generator, there are many easy ways to tell the websites or apps are not legitimate:
- Some of the most common universal red flags are bad, basic user interfaces, spelling mistakes or grammar errors.
- The websites usually have dodgy URLs, such as cryptic combinations of letters and numbers, misspelt versions of “real” sounding URLs related to Roblox or URLs completely unrelated to Roblox entirely.
- On apps, you’ll likely be bombarded with ads while playing a low-quality game. This lets scammers profit from ad revenue. For no other reason than to financially support your local neighborhood scammer.
How do Roblox Robux generator scams work?
As you can imagine with any scam, the people behind it are always trying to get something out of you. The bad outcomes can vary significantly, but they’re most certainly guaranteed, with zero Robux getting added to your Roblox account in the process. Here are the different ways they do it:
- Robux Generator websites ask you for your Roblox username, the amount of Robux you want, and ultimately your password. Phishers will take this information and steal your account by changing its login data. In many cases, those accounts illegally end up for sale on eBay, and you will not receive the Robux you wanted.
- The scam websites ask you to fill in surveys claiming that you can win expensive phones and other tech-products. They claim to need this step for human verification. But if you fill in the surveys, your personal information could be harvested and sold, and you will just be signed up for a ton of spam emails and calls with no prize in sight.
- You will be asked to follow steps to verify that you are human by buying them various gift cards. They claim that the full amount will get refunded to you, but in reality, the gift card and your money will be gone.
- They also may ask you to install programs and apps, and instead you’ll get a ton of viruses in return on your computer or phone. Never fun!
Note: Even if you outsmart them with a fake email address, there are websites that log your cookies. In general, avoid visiting any of those websites or clicking on any Robux generator ads.
What to do if you’ve been scammed or hacked on Roblox
Don’t feel shame, it’s an incredibly frustrating situation, but sadly happens way too often. If you are currently dealing with a scammed or hacked Roblox account, here are a few things you should do immediately:
The first step is to accept that there are no legitimate ways to get free Robux. If you are looking for free Robux, you will almost always find a scam instead. So, your best options are to either enjoy the game for what it is, or to get Robux using real money, for example on dundle which is a safe and easy way to buy Robux.
Clear your cookies. Even with a safe password and two-factor authentication, it’s possible that you’ve fallen victim to cookie-logging. Where scammers use your cookie data, which gives the hackers essentially everything they need to know to log into your account. From there, they can use saved credit cards and spend your money for their own gain.
Remove any external tools or extensions related to Roblox. This could be the source of the cookie-logging.
Additionally, check your device for viruses and malware.
Once this is done, change your password and reset the two-factor authentication.
If you follow the above steps, this should put you in a much safer position than before. We’ve put together some additional advice in an article on what to do if you believe you’ve been scammed. Hopefully, this will help you further if you ever feel worried about keeping your account protected.
Robux generators: too good to be true
Robux Generators are always scams that prey on the hopes of Roblox players, usually too young to know better. While these scams are here to sadly stick around, it's important to remain vigilant and educate ourselves and younger players about their dangers. Remember, there are no legitimate shortcuts to free Robux. Enjoy the game as it's meant to be, or buy Robux through official channels like here at dundle. Stay cautious of misleading ads, especially in mobile games, and take immediate action if you've fallen victim to a scam or hacking. By staying informed and cautious, we can protect ourselves and the Roblox community from these fraudulent schemes and not let the scammers come out on top. After all, Roblox is meant to be fun and safe, let’s all try to keep it that way!